As an independent royalty publisher, Tendril Press takes pride in bringing innovative, inspiring, motivational, and sometimes controversial books to our readers.
Our talented staff guides authors throughout the editing and design process so the end result is a high-quality product that meets our standard while staying true to the authors' original vision and goals. Our book marketing and publicity professionals ensures that authors are well-prepared to promote their book, and a sales team makes titles available most anyplace a customer will go looking for them.
In an effort to reduce the amount of paper used in a tree-dependent industry, we do not accept submissions by snail mail.
We consider each and every submission we receive. Due to the volume of submissions, allow up to three-four months for a response. Please be patient — we take great care during our review process.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in publishing with us.
Guidelines for Proposal
Include in your email, as well as, on the cover page, your current contact information, including full name, mailing address, phone numbers, email address, website, and if you are not in the US, your Skype information.
While it is always great to take a look at an entire manuscript, if the novel is in progress please send the first three chapters.
Be sure to attach an over all synopsis, chapter synopsis and bio for yourself. In your cover letter tell us about your audience and what you are doing now to reach them and how you plan to expand that audience in the near future . Also list any books, articles, or contributions where you have been previously published. If any of these are digital please include links.
Preparing a proposal that will be seriously evaluated is the first step in developing your project. To ensure that Tendril Press can thoroughly assess the merits of your ideas and arrive at a careful publishing decision, we recommend that your proposal include the following key elements:
* What is the market for which your project is intended? Which demographic would be the most likely targets and why?
* What is the reading level (Adult, Young Adult, Teen, Readers 8-12, Children early reader, Children's Storytime /Picture book)?
* Are the intended readers the primary buyers of the book or will it be primarily purchased by someone other than the reader?
* What trends are likely to affect the content of your project? Are there any likely to affect the marketing of the project?
* Do you feel there is a market for your project other than general trade? If so, please explain.
* Is your project the primary material for your future as an author or is it to supplement your business as a speaker, coach, teacher or other? If so, please explain.
* What are the 3-4 major competitors?
* How do you intend to position your product with regard to these competitors?
* What are the comparative strengths of your project relative to each of the competitors you listed above?
3.The Story - Content
* Imagine that you are addressing the Tendril Press sales staff for the first time after your project is published. What is the most important message you want them to deliver to the distributors, bookstore and readers? What specific features provide benefits that they can't get from the competitor(s)?
* Will particular types of readers find your project more appealing than other types? If so, please explain what types and why?
4.The Pedagogy for instructional and self-help works
* Do you plan to use a specific teaching strategy or pedagogical approach/framework?
* How will you implement this approach or these features in the content or format of your project?
* What innovations and competitive advantages are offered by the above? Please provide as many details as possible while focusing on those items that are truly unique and support your competitive position.
* What ancillaries do the readers, teachers book clubs, businesses, etc. of this book value? Which three are the most critical?
* What role do you envision technology playing in this course and in your project? What uses of the Web and other technology do you see as effective in marketing your product? What are the most innovative/impressive uses of these technologies you've seen in the competition?
* What is your schedule for completion of a first draft?
* When do you anticipate delivering a complete manuscript?
* Are their other timing consideration we would want to take into account. (holidays, academic year, election year, seasonal etc.)
The table of contents and the first three chapters of the manuscript are the heart of a complete proposal. Samples of pedagogical features and all illustrations should be included. These samples are critical to the process we follow in arriving at a publishing decision.In addition a word count or an estimated length of the manuscript in 12 point type, double-spaced on 8 1/2 by 11 pages. (approximately 250 words per page)
Author Biography /Vita/Website
A biography of your personal and professional pursuits that tells us why you are the best person to write the book. What are your credentials: teaching and research experience; degrees and affiliations; prior publications; special qualifications; awards? Please be sure to provide your mailing address, e-mail address, office hours, and telephone numbers. If you have a web site please include the URL. If you do not have a web site as an author please let us know your plans to develop one. The Tendril Press Author Services Department develops
Your recommendations for reviewers, whether they are readers which represent your target audience, authorities in the field, or special topic experts, would be most welcome.